Instagram doesn’t explicitly notify you when someone blocks you, but there are a few signs that can indicate if someone has blocked you on the platform. Here’s how you can check if someone has blocked you on Instagram:
- Search for Their Profile:
- Open the Instagram app and use the search bar to look for the profile of the person you suspect has blocked you.
- If their profile doesn’t appear in the search results, it could indicate that they have blocked you.
- Check Mutual Friends:
- If you have mutual friends with the person you suspect has blocked you, you can check their follower or following list to see if the person is listed there.
- If the person is not listed among the mutual friends, it might suggest that they have blocked you.
- Look for Previous Conversations:
- If you had previous conversations with the person, try to find the conversation thread in your Direct Messages.
- If the conversation has disappeared or you can’t find it, it might be an indication that they have blocked you.
- Attempt to Follow or Mention:
- Try following the person’s profile. If you’re blocked, Instagram will prevent you from following them.
- You can also try mentioning their username in a comment on a public post. If your mention doesn’t appear as a hyperlink, it may suggest that you’ve been blocked.
- Profile Viewing:
- Log out of your Instagram account or ask a friend who is not blocked by the suspected user to search for and view their profile.
- If the profile is visible when viewed from another account but not from yours, it could indicate that you’ve been blocked.
- Note: Keep in mind that there could be other reasons why you’re unable to view a profile or interact with a user. They might have deactivated their account, changed their username, or set their account to private.
It’s important to approach these methods with sensitivity and respect for the privacy of other users. If you suspect that you’ve been blocked, avoid any actions that may be considered harassment or intrusive. If you’re uncertain, it’s best to respect the other person’s boundaries and privacy.
Dr Clara Lee is specializes in aesthetic/cosmetic plastic surgery of the face, nose, breast and body, and is considered one of the best facial plastic surgeons in the world. MD, FACS, is highly qualified and experienced in the field of plastic surgery and aesthetic care and has performed over 10,000 surgical procedures.
Dr. Clara Lee couples his outstanding professional credentials and ethics with a personalized approach to patient care and a keen eye for aesthetic beauty.
Specialties: plastic surgeon, plastic surgery
by Clara Lee
Reviewed by Clara Lee
approved by Dr Clara Lee
<a href=”https://www.mswtc.org/about-us/”>Dr. Clara Lee</a>
<a href=”https://www.mswtc.org/about-us/”>About Us</a>